Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Holidays are upon us

It seems like it's been so much more than a week since I posted last but that's probably just because it seems like we're so busy there's never any time for anything.

Thanksgiving was great. We had lots of family over and everyone visited and ate. It was great fun and great eating. Katies cousin Aurora spent the night and Friday we spent the day playing until daddy got home, then we packed everyone in to the car, including Auntie Heather and Grammy, and went to the holiday parade. We took both girls last year and they loved it, so it's a condition we want to continue. Next year we'll try to go earlier so that we can take part in some of the activities they have before had and get a spot right on main street. Saturday the girls and I hung around the house and played for most of the day and then we took Aurora home.

Katie has been a busy girl. She is in to everything. She's finally starting to get better at playing by herself. She's really in to playing dressup right now, which is great considering the amount of dressup clothes she has and the fact that we got her another outfit for Christmas. She's getting her holiday pics taken on Friday, we got her a cute little dress a few weeks ago, and a toddler size santa hat. She's gonna be so cute, I love getting her pics taken at the holidays because she's such a ham and they always come out so cute.

Grandma (my mom) comes in to town tomorrow for a long weekend. While she's here Dar (my aunt) will come over and we'll do our annual holiday baking. By then end of the day we'll have made enough cookies to feed an army. Hopefully my mom and I will have the chance to visit a few craft shows while she's here too. She will be doing quite a bit of visiting with some of her friends from work.

Daniel is still working as much as ever. He has 3 vacation days left to use by the end of the year, so he is using one this Saturday and one each of the next two fridays after that.

Me, well, this is week 4 of 5 of my first mod at school. It's going really well. If this mod was any indication the next 5 mods are going to fly by and I'll be doing my externship before you know it. I've been fighting a bit of a cold for the last few days, but it seems to be a little better today.

I need to get some decorating done for the holidays, so I'm off. Happy Holidays to you all!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

ohhh a parade! Thais loves parades, I have to find one for her.
-h