Monday, November 3, 2008

Checking in

It's been a while!

We've been pretty busy around these parts.

I am officially enrolled in school, I have orientation this Wednesday and classes start next Monday. I go Monday thru Thursday, 5:30 -10 pm. The program is 36 weeks of classroom study, then 6 weeks of an externship. I'll be done with both July 31.

Daniel has been working a ton. They are still on 6 days. Katie and I miss him, but we can definitely use the money, so we try not to complain too much. He has 18 months in on November 18, which means another pay raise. Contract negotiations begin in April, which is when we'll find out for sure if he has a job for the long run or if he'll be laid off again. We have our fingers crossed that they'll decide to keep there group and he'll have a long term career.

Katie has been very busy with everything. She had a GREAT time Trick-Or-Treating. It was the first time she got to go, and I'm glad we waited to take her as I'm sure it's an experience she'll never forget. Her friend Hunter came over and went with her, which just made it all that much more fun for her.

What else? Oh! The baby topic. Well, after a lot more discussion we decided that we would still give this month a shot. So I should be able to test in about 8 days. If I didn't get pregnant this month then we are going to take a break for a few months. I really hope I am pregnant, but I'm not going to let it get me down if I'm not. If I am pregnant now the baby would be due just as I graduate from my program, which I think would be perfect since I could finish school, have the baby and then get a job instead of getting a job and then needing time off a few months later to have a baby. Since FMLA only works if you've been there a year and the employee has more than 50 employees I'd really rather it happen the first way.

The animals are doing great. Cocoa is growing like a weed. She is house broken and is learning to sit and lay. Yoshi is still as crazy as ever. He loves having someone to play with. George is not really so sure about having two dogs in the house. She is getting more adventurous and starting to check Cocoa out a little more each day.

Well, I'd better get going, I am determined to get my house cleaned up before Thanksgiving. I should really be doing laundry now!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh yeah, im happy everything seems to be in order now. I have my fingers crossed this was your month! Keep me posted!
-h

JoAnne said...

Thanks Heather! You girls will be among the first to know!!