Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Snow Play

I'm sure there are many more days of snow play in my future, but hey, if she likes it then more power to her!

Yesterday I took Katie shopping for a new pair of winter boots. I swear her feet grow an inch a month, so she'll need another pair shortly after Christmas I'm sure. What led to this shpping trip taking place yesterday was that since it started snowing a few days ago Katie has been asking non stop to go outside and build a snowman, of course I wouldn't let her play in the snow in her little canvas shoes, so shopping we went. She picked out a pair that actually matches her snow suit pretty well and then we came home for a nap. As I was getting ready for school she started up on playing outside again so I bundled her up and sent her outside. For those of you who don't know, Daniel and I are NOT big snow people. It's not so much that we mind the snow, but we wish it would stay off the roads and sidewalks, and not make the air so darn cold. Katie, on the other hand, thinks the snow is absolutely fabulous. She spent most of last winter so sick that she didn't go out much, so I think it almost felt like the first time for her. She made snow angels, rolled down hills, ate it, licked it, threw it, and made her very own version of a snow man (which was really just her throwing snow to the same place time after time). She went out twice, and from what I hear she didn't want to come in, but eventually gave in. I didn't get any picks since I was gone most of the time she was outside, but I'll get some next time.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Where are the pixs of the snow? Since I dont have any or have to lie it in this winter, I dont mind seeing it, but really I just want to see Katie playing in it, lol!
-h